Friday 23 May 2014

Breaded Grilled Lemon Dill Fish


It's Friday. That means it's punishment day, LOL.... Fish for dinner! I grew up in Rhodesia, a land-locked country in the centre of Africa, now known as Zimbabwe. We didn't often see fish, but on a Friday fish was flown in from Capetown in South Africa so the good Catholics and Anglicans could have fish on their tables for dinner. For many years we kept up the tradition of fish on Friday. 

Personally I'm not fond of fish because our cook at home and at school did not know how to make a delicious meal with fish and it was almost always abused (battered and fried), overcooked, dry and tasteless, so fish on Friday was the only way to get me to eat seafood. My husband, who grew up in Durban, caught fish on the beach regularly, introduced me to FRESH FISH, cooked it for me and over the year brought me to change my mindset about fish. 

Grilling fish fillets with breaded lemon and dill is one of my favourite ways of cooking fish. There's no frying, so it's low fat and delicious.... 
Enjoy! 

Ingredients:
500g firm textured fish fillets
125ml mayonnaise
5ml grated lemon zest
15ml lemon juice
5ml dill herb, chopped
125ml breadcrumbs

Method:

Preheat the grill to medium heat. 


Mix mayonnaise, lemon peel, lemon juice and dill and bread crumbs.

Place fish on greased grill grate. Brush with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Grill for 5 minutes; turn fish. Brush with the remaining mayonnaise mixture. Grill an additional 5 to 8 minute or until fish flakes easily with fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment