Wednesday 18 June 2014

Strawberry Oatmeal Bars



My grandson loves strawberry jam! If I need to get him to eat a sandwich I know if I make it with strawberry jam he'll eat it all, except for the crusts. 
I guess that's something about little children - they don't like chewing the crispy crusts. However, if I give him something home baked, he eats the lot, crunchy or not.
Cute!
These are seriously the most delicious crumbly fruit bars ever. 

They have so much flavour packed in but they only have 4 main ingredients. 

You can also use any jam you have on hand.

Ingredients:

1 (525g) pkg yellow cake mix
625ml oats
190ml melted butter
250ml seedless strawberry jam
15ml water

Method:
Preheat oven to 190ºC. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. 


In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, oats and coconut oil so that it's clumpy.

Press ½ of the oats mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.

In a separate bowl, mix the jam and water and spread over the crust.

Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture evenly over the top.

Bake in preheated oven for 18-23 minutes or until top is lightly browned. 

Cool before cutting into squares to serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment