Tuesday 17 June 2014

Sommer Gooi Dip



Last Sunday evening when we had been down to the sports club for a couple of drinks while the dogs and my grandson, Caleb, wore themselves out running and playing on the sports fields I came home and chucked a dip together, just a snack to help fill the hollows before supper was ready. I simply grabbed whatever I could find in the fridge and threw it in the blender, hence Sommer Gooi, which means "just throw" in Afrikaans.
My son-in-law was so taken with it that he's telling our friends when they come to visit about this fantastic dip I made. 
As a consequence, for my sins, I had to try and remember all that went into it…
So here goes…
This one's for you, Craig!

Ingredients:
Flesh of half a large avocado, or a whole one if small
½ an onion, finely chopped
125ml creamed cottage cheese
60ml mayonnaise
60-80ml tomato sauce, 
---- or a whole medium tomato, skinned, deseeded and chopped
10ml roasted red pepper sauce
---- or a quarter sweet red pepper, skinned, deseeded and chopped 
10ml ready-made basil pesto
5ml chopped garlic
3-4 dashes of Tabasco sauce
---- or 2ml chilli powder
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:

Throw everything into a blender and whiz it together until smooth, dump it in a bowl and serve with potato or corn chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment